- Charter Amendments ISSUES ALERT: CHARTER AMENDMENTS ON THE BALLOT
October 25, 2012
Here are my recommendations re the proposed Charter Amendments on this year’s General Election ballot. I hope they are helpful to you. (To see the actual text of the prop...
- County Clerk Appointment Appointment of the County Clerk
By JoAnn A. Yukimura | December 6th, 2010
One of the responsibilities of a Councilmember is the appointment of the County Clerk, and I take this responsibility most seriously. The Clerk is the department head of the “...
- Affordable Housing on Kaua'i Providing Affordable Housing on Kaua'i
Evidence of our affordable housing challenge is apparent even in a “down” market—in the number of homeless living in parks and cars; in the crowding of several families into a single-family home; in the median house...
- Charter Amendments Joann’s Recommendations r.e. the Proposed County Charter Amendments and State Constitutional Amendments on the General Election Ballot
By The JYMF | October 12th, 2010
Because I always get phone calls or emails asking for my advice w...
- Superferry: Garden Island Viewpoint
Stand up and be counted
From The Garden Island, Guest editorial, published on September 19, 2007
In times like these, it is good for all of us to take a deep breath and think about the things we love and share in common.
Most of us love Kaua‘i....