The Kauaʻi Bus is essential for a healthy economy and quality of life. Expanding bus services is about:
- Taking care of the most vulnerable those with disabilities and the most beloved in our community na kupuna, who need a safe and affordable way to travel. In the next 4 years, those over 60 years of age will make up 25% of Kauaʻi’s population.
- Supporting the workforce in getting to and from work on time, thereby supporting the economy.
- Supporting students in getting to and from school and afterschool activities, thereby supporting education.
- Protecting the environment by reducing fossil fuel use and greenhouse gases.
- Providing an affordable transportation option for those who cannot afford a car or gas.
- Providing a cost effective way of expanding road capacity and reducing traffic